Thursday, October 25, 2007

random thoughts

It’s past 3am. I can’t believe that I am actually rendering a double shift. I haven’t done this since I was a QA in Sykes. My eyes are too tired and I’m hungry… can’t wait ‘till sunrise.

So what am I doing here at work? Hmmm… flashback to yesterday.

I was re-orienting one of my colleagues to my reports. Well, she will be taking over (most of) my responsibilities when I get rolled-off from the project. Our supervisor approached me to set a meeting. When I was done with my transition plan, I spoke with my boss. He told me about my roll-off date. FYI, that conversation has happened before and I am still here. Anyhow, I’m still hoping that everything will come as planned.

I still didn’t answer the question. Well, I’m just finishing some process documentation that will be used by the people who will be doing my job. No pressure whatsoever. I’m just excited. I wanna get things done ASAP so I can get out from my project the soonest possible time!

- - -

Our company had tied-up with Smart. Free phones to subscription plans for employees are better compared to those offered regularly. Considering my 3G use (well, I mostly use my Smart prepaid line for 3G services so I could have internet access at home) and the amount I pay for this service, I signed up.

I got my free phone last Monday. The line wasn’t activated yet so I waited ‘till today (or should I say yesterday since it is past midnight) before I tried out the phone. I was actually planning to sell the unit but my mom has been having troubles with her phone so I just decided to give it to her. Good thing I tried it out hours ago, and found out that the loudspeaker is not functioning. I can hear keypad tones but I can’t play music. The phone doesn’t even ring. I tried fixing the settings and resetting the phone and everything but nothing worked. I called Smart customer care hotline I was advised to proceed to one of their centers to have the phone replaced. Well, their 15-day replacement period warranty is real! (Hopefully… I don’t wanna have sub-manufactured unit.)

- - -

It has been raining non-stop for the past 2 days. Dyahe! Don’t get me wrong, I love rain – it brings cool air and everything under the sun gets washed up. I just don’t like to come to work soaked!

- - -

I’m tempted to buy Hip Hop Abs in eBay.ph. The TV commercial offers a package at Php2999++. It’s way too expensive. Folks at eBay sells it for a much cheaper price (I guess they’re selling “pirated” stuff). Anyhow, I must get it no matter what! I’m tired of my taebo.

- - -

I can’t wait for my 9-day weekend!

6 comments:

The Rainmaker said...

Nice job you got there bro.

Dabo said...

love the coming vacation.. kaso i won't have a leave for 30 and 31..okay lang

kaso may sore throat na naman ako..wahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

susyal, naka smart 3G at bibili ng hiphop abs (kung ano man yun). enjoy your looonnngggg vacation.

Anonymous said...

enjoy your vacation
-- kaikai

. said...

I’m tempted to buy Hip Hop Abs in eBay.ph. The TV commercial offers a package at Php2999++. It’s way too expensive. Folks at eBay sells it for a much cheaper price (I guess they’re selling “pirated” stuff). Anyhow, I must get it no matter what! I’m tired of my taebo.

I saw that ad on tv several days ago. You can try it, but I really doubt if it would work.

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

oh gawd! i really want those hip hop abs. my billy blanks taebo cds are so darn overused. and my baby fats are nowhere near extinction.

=( sad, sad life. and such bad, bad genes.