Wednesday, September 26, 2007

dear sally

I don’t know if it just me who wants to have a friend in a sort of long distance relationship.

I was in my fourth year in high school when I was introduced to world of cyberspace. Not many sites were interesting as now. Though, there is one thing that hooked me in that craze – and that is IRC. Chatting during those days has become my addiction, as I talked with people around the globe, practice my English and learn French.

As a kid, most of us were told not to talk with strangers. It is funny how things have become as we grow older (or wiser?).

Getting to know people from everywhere, imagining how they live, experiencing what they do tickles my mind. In my experience chatting with people, I feel that a bond somehow exists as we spend more and more time with the same person on the net. Before I know it, the idea of friendship has already become.

Felicity has Sally. Although they talk about their lives thru a tape recorder, I feel that the level of happiness of talking with a friend is the same. The relationship with another person thru net is somewhat make-believe but it is actually more than that. Sometimes, it really does feel more comforting talking with “cyber friends”. I feel that their views are more objective and often I live by their advice.

Over the years, I still kept my cyber friends. Of course there were times that we’ve lost in touch but the excitement of touching base grows. Funny thing is, there have been plans of meet-ups but none has happened yet. YM and social networking sites have helped us see each other though.

To all my newfound friends here, I thank you for sharing your experiences with me. Thank you for your “company”. Thank you for making me realize that life is everything that we share.

5 comments:

engz said...

a bond somehow exists as we spend more and more time with the same person on the net.

uyyy ang ganda naman ng post na 'to. am reading this ryt now, 8 am..at talagang ginaganahan ako mag work ha...sarap talaga ng maraming kaibigan, esp sa kagaya ko a wala talagang kakilala dito sa cebu. im spending more and more time sa net kasi dun ko nararamdaman yung family at friendship na ryt now eh wala ako dito...alam mo, i started talking with a fellow blogger sa YM. at talagang nag enjoy ako..super kulitan kami..

kakalungkot yung iba lang nawawala.pero syempre, may papalit naman. ako i'll continue surfing the net, reading blogs and making friends here hanggang may mga Sir dean pa na nandito...Godbless po.

atto aryo said...

The internet indeed has turned the world into a smaller community. It's nice knowing people from all over the world without the old restrictions of time and space.

Anonymous said...

awww... actually that is what the internet is for. to make connections.

Dabo said...

You are welcome pre.

Makoy said...

ei there! you have been tagged by me. pls visit my blog for instructions! See yah!