Wednesday, August 1, 2007

pay day movie night

I’m a sucker for movies.

I just realized that I have been depriving myself in seeing films on the big screen. Well, since my dad had a sudden urge of getting a bigger TV and a DVD player so instead of enjoying the movies alone, I spent more time visiting some pirates so the whole family can watch.

Yesterday was a pay day. Time for a celebration! Hmmm… “Why not see a movie?” I thought. I went to my apartment, took a quick bath before hitting G4. Good thing an X was available to be with me that time. That way, I wouldn’t be going home alone after the last full show.

X was supposed to meet me up at 9pm. X and I decided to have dinner first. I came in G4 at 7.30pm… roamed around, before settling in Starbucks to wait for my “date”.

***

It’s really irritating if people can’t get your name right. My name is just 4 letter with only 1 syllable - how come people in this country find my name so difficult? Duh!

X came 30 minutes early. We got our tickets for the 10.30pm showing. It was my treat so I got to decide where to dine – and I chose pasta. Chef d’Angelo is full of people, so as Sbarro… It's pay day so people are out. X craved for California maki so we found ourselves holding chopsticks at Tokyo Tokyo.

***

After dinner, we still got an hour to spend doing nothing. Doing nothing at that time meant me buying my first Timezone card to hit the arcade. Man! It has been a long time since I got the excitement of playing Tekken!

***

Ouija, HP5, The Simpsons, Blind Date, Ratatouille, Vacancy were showing. I’ve x-d out Ouija and Vacancy since I wanted to have a good night of sleep. X and I have seen HP5 so that’s another x. I hate rats so no Ratatouille for me. X is scheduled to see The Simpsons on weekend. We had no other choice but to see Blind Date.

Blind Date was good. Had some kilig and teary moments. Overall, it was good. I can’t say much since I don’t criticize movies – I just watch movies for the sake of enjoying myself and nothing more.

***

Ok, so now I don’t know what to blog anymore. So... time to logout.

4 comments:

Ayel said...

love movies, too! i haven't watched a lot, though. pag payday tlaga ang mga tao ang hilig mag-splurge, as for myself, I bought a pair of jeans, a pair fo shoes, and boxers.

***
So it's Dean pala as in college dean. I would pronounce your name as I would do with Leann. (Cno si X? Ex-GF? Atribido lang tlaga. lol)

***
anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog (http://aclworld.blogdrive.com).

mr fong said...

It is sweet,I am like you as i like pirates and too busy and lazy to go movies :) Are you from Singapore?

Btw,great blog and looking at your post on Looking back, i am touched by the nostalgia and reminiscence in the piece.Great.

Please update me when u have more nice posts like these.Thank you for your time!

Ely said...

You hate rats? Sino ba hindi? hehehe. But you should see the movie. It's worth it!

Rowjie said...

hello ding! dean pala. hehe. wow, new blog! hehe...

i'll link you up too! thanks for the link!