Thursday, October 4, 2007

family ties

“Txt k lang kung may problema k pa h”

This was the first message that I received this morning on my phone. It came from my dad.

My dad and I were not really close. Well, I could say that my family is not close to each other. We never tell anyone about our problems unless it is really big, like when my brother got his girlfriend (now his wife). There was even a point when I wished that my parents had to be separated. Anyway, we are still intact. I guess that it is just our nature to be quiet.

How I wish I could be open with each other. One time, when my mom and I had a little misunderstanding, we never spoke with each other for more than 3 months. Then, a lot has happened during that time and I learned from a cousin that my brother is about to be married. How sad because my brother had told our cousins about his problem first.

Three weeks ago my mom has been texting how I was. She knew about my issues at work. But she still kept on asking if I had some (bigger) problems. Mothers – they really can sense if something is wrong with their children.

Yeah, we all have problems. I got work issues to settle, delayed requirements in school, credit card crisis, apartment to stay on to, etc. The list just goes on and on. They say that we wouldn’t be adults if we didn’t face problems.

The bottom line is, we are not alone. I am not alone. I am glad to have received that message. Even if I don’t ask for any help, it reminds me that I could always count on my family.

8 comments:

EneLya said...

whatever ur burden is, first lay it down at the cross, at the feet of Jesus.. acknowledge God first..

Blessed by ur entry..

napadpad lang po ako sa blog mo..

God bless..

Coldman said...

I think yun ang maganda sa pamilyang pinoy kahit akala mong wala lang sa kanila, pero magugulat ka na lang na sobrang concern pala sa iyo.

God bless bro!

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

DEAN:

i'm not really *that open when it comes to disclosing my personal problem to my family. when i went for a surgery last year, my mom only knew about it on the day of the surgery itself since the hospital requires a companion to be with me or else the surgery will be cancelled.

for me its just that i dont want to burden my family further. i buy my own stuffs, i pay my own bills, i settle my own problems. i have learned how to become independent at such an early age and im proud to say that self-independence has been working very well for me.

but i do love my family. and i know, deep inside, that despite everything i've ever been through, they're just here for me, ready to give me the biggest brightest hug. =)

linked you up dean. =)

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

DEAN:

i'm not really *that open when it comes to disclosing my personal problem to my family. when i went for a surgery last year, my mom only knew about it on the day of the surgery itself since the hospital requires a companion to be with me or else the surgery will be cancelled.

for me its just that i dont want to burden my family further. i buy my own stuffs, i pay my own bills, i settle my own problems. i have learned how to become independent at such an early age and im proud to say that self-independence has been working very well for me.

but i do love my family. and i know, deep inside, that despite everything i've ever been through, they're just here for me, ready to give me the biggest brightest hug. =)

linked you up dean. =)

engz said...

dean

am thankful that you've come to the realization that you're not alone. it is important.we share the same crisis. but i have something that i'm holding on to that makes it easy for me to solve 'em.

what is that? my God and my family.

just pray.
believe.
forgive.
act on it.

dito lang kami. :-)

Godbless

Makoy said...

Thanks sa comment! Confidential talaga sa office? kahit wallpaper? Grabe naman. Let me know pag meron ka na ha.

Take care!

msg mo ako ym pla: makoy913

Anonymous said...

It's almost 4 years now after my father died. When did I grieve? Just last month with the help of a counselor. The reason? because I and my father was not that expressive of our emotions and most of all, not showing affections to one another. Difficult. I must have told him earlier, that I love my father. :)

Anonymous said...

growing up with an absentee father (my dad is an ofw)is quite difficult, we really never had that father-son bonding that others would have. i envy those people.

it was just years ago the my dada came to me and just said: "Mikkoi, matanda ka na, alam mo na ginagawa mo." I was quite shocked when he told me that, as if he knows soemthing about me. Then my mom told me that my dad really wnated to be close to be but I was so distant.

i am trying to be close to him, it is still never to late to establish a relationship with him. a good one.