Monday, May 5, 2008

the heat is on

I just came from my long weekend. Well, Friday was sandwiched between Labor Day and weekend so I decided to take a time-off from work for my sort-of summer vacation. Gee, I realized that I haven’t filed for a leave since I had my vacation. Does it mean that I love my job? Woah! Scary!!!

So what did I do for my 4-days off? Nothing. The heat took my mood off in doing stuff. 4 days of unending sweat coming out of my skin (yeah gross!) but I can’t do anything about it. Seriously, global warming should be addressed ASAP… as in now! And I’m, predicting because of this problem, we’ll lose clean water a lot faster than we thought (no, not by evaporation nor pollution) but due to that fact that none wants to be dehydrated. (I don’t wanna think about how much water I drank to keep myself from dying).

I hope everyone plants a tree. Basic science tells us that plants converts carbon dioxide to oxygen. Maybe it could help solve our problem. Another green revolution, anyone? I haven’t heard about reforestation since my college days.

By the way, shame on those people who built a condominium in the middle of a rainforest. I don’t care if it is a housing project for their employees!

OK, enough about my sentiments on the environment. But these heat rashes I’ve got around my neck really trigger my temper. Anyhow, my weekend was good. I got to exercise and now I feel that I am no longer a stroke waiting to happen. Plus, I had to play with watch my nephew. So now, I’m back to work.

4 comments:

ayzprincess said...

maraming mga powder na nakakaalis ng rashes..

or better yet.. wag mo nalang hayaan na matuyuan ka ng pawis.. para di ka magkarashes :D

dean said...

actually, pag gising ako continuous yung flow ng pawis... as in like eeeew! kaninang umaga ko lang napansin yung rashes pag-gising ko (kasi umulan kahapon kaya medyo malamig kagabi)... tumindi rashes pagdating ko d2 sa office dahil sa aircon... waah!!

wanderingcommuter said...

i agree global warming is a huge threat to life. tsktsk!

Oman said...

i think it was gore who said that if we continue with our destructive ways, the earth will survive but we will not. scary ha.

nice blog u got in here, ill come back, hope it ok. have a nice work week ahead.