Thursday, October 18, 2007

it's only words

bartolina. deja vu.

it's my fault for not keeping my mouth shut (or at least not lowering my voice). but when my coworkers asked me about the knowledge/responsibilities transfer to my to-be replacement, i just couldn't help myself. it's been 4 months since my managers approved my request for transfer and nothing has happened since. i'm not getting anywhere.

the clock is still ticking, i'm not getting any younger, no significant work experience to add to my resume and i'm getting pissed.

so, i didn't care anymore if everyone in the floor overheard me saying implying that our performance objectives are just plain bullshit, that managers are too subjective, and our manager doesn't live up to his words. achim! puot na kung puot. angst!

then i found myself sitting with our manager and my lead. they asked me about the status of my transfer which was too ironic since i should be the one asking that question. well, it just made me realize more that they're just playing with me. anyhow, they discussed some possible duties that i might consider within the project. they asked me if i still want to be in the project. my answer: just get it done. i'm not falling for any promises now. the follow-up question was "do you still want to be in the project?". i didn't answer. my manager just said that he remembered me, based on our last discussion, saying that i wanted to be rolled-off from the project. fact is, i simply don't want to work with him anymore. talagang may puot!

managers. they can do whatever they want. me afraid? hell no!

5 comments:

Coldman said...

wow! palaban ka pala. at talagang may puot ka sa dibdib, basta wag masyadong dibdibin. lol

ok lng na kung i -link kita? Thanks!

atto aryo said...

Hmm. Seems like were sharing sentiments these days. I wanna move on too and I don't see much prospects in my company. Am now assessing my options.

Will link ya.

Anonymous said...

ok lang. at least na parating mo na ang nilalaman ng puso mo. dito sa korea naku aliping sagigilid kami.

dean said...

@coldman, aryo... thanks. sige, xlinks tayo!

@coach... sa lahat ng aliping sagigilid, ikaw lang ang milyonaryo.. hehe!!

Anonymous said...

naku milyon kung won, pero pagnaconvert na sa peso libonaryo rin lang.