Friday, October 26, 2007

post for today

I am supposed to report to work at night. I won’t be in the office on Monday so I need to finish my reports. My data won’t be available until the team take the last production/application support call ‘till 6am, Sat.

I thought I was prepared for another graveyard since I rendered double shift the other day. Hell, I was wrong! I woke up at 9am today, and couldn’t sleep since. So, I came to work at 4pm instead of getting myself bored. Goodluck na lang talaga sa akin mamayang madaling araw!

- - -

I’m so thrilled to go home. 9 days of rest. But it’s not why I am excited. I just can’t wait to give my mom her present. Yes, the phone that I got from Smart is gonna be my mom’s. By the way, I got a replacement unit yesterday.

- - -

Stuff to do on my vacation:

  1. Clean my room. This was my original room until we had an extension. I moved to a new room but my younger brother got married so we had to switch domain. Can’t believe that 2 years have passed since then and I haven’t had time to clean the entirety of it.
  2. Exercise (again!). I’m so poorly conditioned and I gained a lot of weight. What I have is not baby fat anymore!
  3. Work the piano. I really got no piano at home. That’s why I stopped taking piano lessons. I just couldn’t play what I’m supposed to play. 5 octaves lang kasi kaya bitin talaga for advanced pieces, plus alang damper pedal at touch response ang teklado. Anyway, I’m hoping to get my fingers (hands?) in shape. My cousin and our church deaconess (both music majors) rekindled my enthusiasm to be concert pianist (dream on!).
  4. Study (read as: complete academic requirements). Good things UPOU has a 7 years deadline for completing a master’s degree, otherwise, I’ll be disqualified from my program. I’m just on my second year of study (in which I should be graduating), but I’m taking another year because I-am-working-and-I-just-could-not-take-full-time-course-load! Well, it’s not an excuse but it doesn’t mean that is should exert more effort. So Dean, sipagan mo pa!!!

- - -

Hopefully it won’t rain on All Saints’ Day. Ayoko kaya maputikan sa sementeryo. I’m just not sure if we are supposed to visit 3 cemeteries but I’m definitely going to my beloved lolo.

- - -

Happy Halloween!

- - -

Speaking of Halloween, the next occasion (aside from my birthday) would be Christmas. I’ll be granting my brothers’ wishes but I still got no idea gifts to buy for my mom, dad, lola, and aunt. 4 gifts, and I can’t think of anything. Hmmm… wonder how my mom will do her Christmas shopping. I’ll be entrusting her with my holiday bonus so she’ll be one to buy gifts for the other relatives on my behalf. Anyhow, wish I could buy gifts as soon as possible. Suggestions are most welcome.

- - -

Ok, ‘till next time. I’ll be gone for now.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy halloween. bilhan mo na lang sila ng card, thank you card or christmas card ^^ tipid yun ^^

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

9 days of rest? now, that's what i call looong weekend. =)

and oh, i hate graveyard shifts too (10p-6a). so ma-trabaho. and patients usually code, er, die, during the night. perpetual rest, here they come.

as for the stuffs i need to do during the "short" vacation, i'll stick to my reading. i have tonloads of medical journal, cardiology updates and emergency books that remained untouched in months which translates to a rough estimate of 11,000 pages of pure medical text.

i better start with page one right now. =) baka tapos na ang undas, hindi pa ako matapos ng page 1000. =(

happy halloween dean! =)

dean said...

@coach! di sapat ang card. may utang ako last christmas since kakalipat ko lang ng work. so babawi talaga ako ngayon. hehehe!! hemingways, it's the thought that counts!

@ruff! goodluck sa pagbabasa mo. pag natapos mo yan, try mo mag-enroll sa law school. hehe! tena, try natin hip hop abs!

Anonymous said...

inggit aku! haba ng vacation mu! pwedeng aku din? hahaha! :)

my-so-called-Quest said...

happy haloween! haba ng balkasyon ah! do you play piano?

dex said...

Enjoy your vacation! :-)

arjay said...

you play piano? nice, very nice. i'd like to be in one of your concerts one day. :-p

Ely said...

Happy Halloween! Enjoy ur vacation!

Anonymous said...

hi, dean! thanks sa text message! happy halloween!

if you have time, paki-change na po ng link ko. salamat ng marami.

Dabo said...

happy halloween!!

Anonymous said...

hmmm, planado mga gawin ah, hehehe happy haloween.
In regards with kita kits obne time, sure, Just sschedule and ifnrom me.
== kaizen

wanderingcommuter said...

hampey haloween...thanks for the comment. just arrived from pagudpod!

crazed_heck said...

the loooong vacation is a welcome thing...minsan minsan lang kc nangyayri pero time flies when you are enjoying e...kainis nga, i am halfway through my own vacation and tests are going to hound me next week apart from the dreaded duty in the hospital...

btw,bloghoppin here...

Bryan Anthony the First said...

i love cleaning rooms? need help??

woof!!